Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Double duece...Dang.

Well, here I be, one year more dwindled away.
I think that brithdays cease to be so important to a person after they have spend a few in another country surrounded by stangers. After realizing that it matters nil anywhere other than in your house, things are a lot easier to deal with. Anywho, on to more interesting topics.

Last week, I went to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. Now before you all fly off the handle to buy me a drink, I didn't go bc I have any actual drinking problems, I went for sociology class. Lets just say that is was like a church for lunatics. It was on the second floor above a shady looking diner in a rather scummy part of town. There were strange posters on the wall and I learned all about the "12 steps". There was a book that I will think of as the AA Bible, and there was lots of testimony featuring F-bombs. I felt right at home, HAHA! Anyway, I was shocked to she younger women there. I figured the only people in AA were old weathered looking guys... like my uncles/cousins.

And one more thing to mull over in all of your equally exciting lives: Why are there people who always post comments on my blog but never put anything worthwhile or anything at all on their own blogs? These people are dispicable and I think it needs to stop. That is it, I am starting BA(Bloggers Anonymous) and I will post 12 steps to kick your crappy habits....
next time.

6 comments:

Shane said...

and what makes you think your blog is worth while?

politicchic6 said...

Ahh, Shane. truer words have never been spoken.

Joe said...

You could "she younger women" there? Are you sure you too weren't a little blitzed?! Younger women who used to be wild and would drop the F bomb? Sounds like an interesting "church". Ours is still better though; we only have to keep 10 commandments instead of 12. Well, unless you go to BYU....

Liberty said...

Jason, Jason. I think it's neat that you went to AA. I've kinda wanted to go ever since my sister started attending....lol, member she isn't a recoveree either. It too is for a class.
Anyways, hopefully I write a meaningful comment to make up for the lack of ;)
I guess from what I understand AA is like a church and every time they have a meeting it is basically like testimony meeting. I think it's cathartic for them.

The Rage said...

Apparently one more year didn't make you a nicer person, that's unfortunate. And I'd like to see your degree in Blog Judgment before I listen to a thing you say!

Joe said...

Message....