Friday, February 22, 2008

Asher is back...

Well, my good buddy Asher made his triuphant return on Wednesday. He is my first buddy to return after me from a mission so I am stoked to get his perspective on how it went. That being said, I realize something: nobady cares about mission stories except for the person telling them. Really, it's sad, but true. I am very guilty of dipping into the bank of stories that begin, "When I was on my mission...." Anywho, I will listen to Asher because I love the kid and I don't find them as boring as most, as long as I get to sprinkle in a few lewd stories from my own corrupt mission.

Thoughts of a returning missionary that I had:

Holy crap the US is organized.

Wow, everybody is too fat or too skinny.

I am not funny anymore, and from what I hear, I never was.

I can't speak this damn language.

People are cold hearted.

I hope I still know how to drive.

I wonder what I am going to do with all of my spare time?"

Why do people watch such crappy shows and listen to such crappy music.

What are good shows, music, movies that I am oblivious to?

Why is my family so strange?

WTF?

Those are just a few of the thoughts that I had, I wonder if Asher is experiencing and of that. I hope not, that kid is much better than I and he probably has his stuff more together. Anywho, three cheers for Asher. ******** ********* ********* and a high five!

4 comments:

The Rage said...

You right to be worried about one thing... driving. No luck in that depeartment - shifting an automatic. Smooth, keep wotking on that one.

Shane said...

ya you right.. you're not funny. never really was. And you're stories... always lame. And it's not your family that is strange... it's you.

smithfieldman said...

When I was on my mission ....
Don't worry you can't top the king of long stories unless you have a story where you were deported also.
And I don't think you should be allowed to drive if you try and shift automatics

Unknown said...

Too fat or too skinny? Which was I?

As for good shows, movies, music etc., dude, just call me, and I will point them out to you.