Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why?

That is the question I found my self asking as I pounded through thirteen miles of Provo last Saturday. Why? I don't love running. I am not a gifted runner. I never ran in high-school. In fact, I never ran until I started my mission, and in the MTC is the first place that I can ever recall for running for the fun of it. So why, with no prior experience, would I decide to up and run a half marathon? I don't know, but it was not a bad experience. I wish I would have used the bathroom beforehand, because I really needed to pee the whole time. And I wish that I hadn't carbo-loaded on Papa John's pizza the night before, because the sausages are just plain wicked for running. But in hindsight, it was pretty fun. I rubbed the skin off of my pinky toe the Tuesday before the run in preparation, but it behaved pretty well during the 1/2 Marathon. Gluch also ran, and it was good times. My time was 1 hour 59 minutes, and my goal was under 2 hours, so success for me. Here are a few pictures of the blessed event.
http://www.zazoosh.com/members/viewGallery/4498


I realized as I ran though that I'll never have the testicular fortitude to run a full marathon, that's just too much.

1 comment:

politicchic6 said...

You must love running. Who just decides they want to do a half?