Saturday, September 13, 2008

So.. BYU won.

Well,

As I sit here in my sister's house, watching the UCLA vs BYU game on the tele, I realize that we are going to win. Most likely anyway. It is 59 to 0 with a quarter left to play. So now that I am thinking about football, I am going to assign a theme song to each team in the Mountain West conference.
So, starting with those I care about least:
1) San Diego State- "California" by Tupac
Basically, because they are from Cali and i hardly know jack about them. I know that when they have they're black uniforms with the red helmets, they look impressive. Aztecs? Well, I guess that "Trojans"- the cool sounding ancient civilization was already taken by another Cali team. Too bad.
2) Texas Christian University- "Spirit in the Sky" by Norman Greenbaum
Well, let us hope that they have a friend named Jesus, being Christian.
Horned frogs? Maybe one of the stranger animal mascots out there. Well heck, they are Texans, they can do what they want.
3) Colorado State University- "Rocky Mountain High" by John Denver
So they are situated in Ft. Collins, even though I am not entirely sure where that is, and I kind of dislike them. Probably because back in the day a few years ago they had a quarterback named "Van Pelt" who annoyed me a lot. I guess they deserve John Denver.Also, I associate rams with Dodges and I dislike them too.
4) University of New Mexico- "I feel Pretty" by ... Well, it's of of West Side Story.
I find New Mexico strange. The lobos, well, that sounds foreign AND intimidating.
5)University of Wyoming- "I wanna be a Cowboy" by Kid Rock
This is a good fit: the mascot, the attitude, about as classy as the aforementioned Kid Rock. I loved it when the coach flipped the douche Kyle Wittingham of the U the bird on national television.
6) University of Las Vegas- "Jonny Yuma" by Jonny Cash
Let's face it, that Jonny Yuma... he was a Rebel. I am not a huge fan of UNLV, I actually kind of hate them in Basketball. But that's neither here nor there. They are rebels, I guess.
7) Air Force Academy- "Let's Go" by Trick Daddy
There is certainly a lot of attitude and such coming off of these guys. I like thier precision and the fact that they frequently piss off the U of U. Falcons, well, thats a no brainer: they do fly, after all.
8) University of Utah- "Sabotage" by the Beastie Boys
I like the U of U against pretty much everybody except BYU. That being said, they are douches. Seriously, most of thier fans are ignorant ace-wipes (I'm looking at you Shane), and will pull against BYU even when it hurts the conferance, or, even more illogically, the U of U itself. I picked Sabotage because they delight in screwing BYU out of good seasons by somehow winning when they shouldn't. The "Thunderbirds" (gotta be politically correct, even if it makes your school look gay) is a good fit for this school. Many of its students probably also suffer from identity complex, if not plain same gender attraction (i'm looking at you again, Shane). Anywho, gay mascot, crappy colors, and hey, just not my favorite area of the world come late November.
9) Brigham Young University- "Draggin the line" by Tommy James and the Shondells.
For what seems like the longest time, BYU has been shackled by lame BCS crap. I think the whole conference suffers this disease, especially the U of U. So I am throwing out this song as a tribute to what is done, that is to say, draggin the line. The cougars is a good mascot, nothing much to add there.


Anywho, there you have it. A sound victory for BYU and a sound victory for the conference. I think everyone represented well this weekend. Let's see what happens later on.

5 comments:

smithfieldman said...

I also dislike the U for all of the above named reasons. Go BYU.

Shane said...

well where should i begin... about AFA, they piss everyone off because they chop block every single play and go below the knees on their hit. And you say ignorant? Who comes to who for all their football knowledge? ya you come to me douche. And everyone in the conference (and even out of conference) hates that team down south because they think they are just as good as the USC's of the world and that they are just born better but when in reality they have the worst bowl winning percentage in NCAA history.. oh and who has the best.. you guessed it, The U. Oh and that BCS talk you're kittens are enduring, ya we have been to the BCS and done that, and we will probably go again this year. Most people are actually picking us. beat UCLA 59-0. Not impressive. we beat them last year 44-6 when they were ranked #11 and had their entire first team on the field and not their backups, and we were playing with most of our backups (including our retarded backup qb last year). And when you almost lose to one of the worst teams in the PAc 10 in washington and the only way to beat them was on a bogus celebration penalty.. ya thats equally as bad as the UCLA win was good. And as for The U versus that team down south - 53-33-4 is the record.. and the U is the one with the 53 wins.. and as for the school. Yeah we have gay people. But at least i can have side burns and facial hair. Oh and since Brigham Young founded our school... aren't we actually gods school? And what is there to do in Provo? seriously. And all the weird rules that are down there... way retarded. And at my school fun is promoted.. not repressed like your lame campus in provo. I can keep going with all kinds of examples... but i digress, The U is better and its just a fact.

GO UTES!!!!!

Shane said...

...and one final thing...
you wanna talk mascot smack. You have a mascot named Cosmo.... seriously dude can you get anymore homosexual then the name cosmo? I don't think so. a cougar is a cool animal but your school found a way to make it look like one queer cat. you should be ashamed. and blue... like blue balls? your student body would know all to well about that.

stewedslacker said...

Ignorant... yep.

politicchic6 said...

Succinct, Stewed Slacker...and yet somehow appropriate. It was a delight having you watch the game at my place. We should do that again sometime....