Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Charity is fun. You should try it.

Basically, life is good right now. The semester to be spent in Peru will not only be fun, but highly profitable academically. My work for the Universe is rife with perks and I don't mind the deadlines. Midterms went fairly smoothly.
Interesting things lately besides going to the drubbing we received from TCU.
1) Took Cheek and his friends out to see Ice Age 3 and gave them a dinner of lasagna and kool-aid.
This can be viewed below. Cheeks friends are named: Shane, Chuck and Servando. They are good guys and if you had ever been to Mesa Vista, you would understand that they appreciate every chance they have to get out for a while. I wish I had the money to start a high functioning living center somewhere in the valley. One day perhaps.
Another activity that I participated in was a benefit concert for Hannah Laursen, an awesome little girl who had a brain tumor.
The full story and a special audio slide show I made for them can be found at the following link:
http://universe.byu.edu/node/3384

For last nights performance, JR Richards was great and I especially liked the campfire acoustic style of the concert. Melody with Tyler Forsberg also did a great job. All in all, I was as impressed with the charity demonstrated by the community and musicians as I was with the steak and chicken dinner Malu and I were treated to as VIP guests. Neil Warner over at the Herald is a really good guy and I admire what he's doing. For more info about that, check this link out:
http://www.secondchancefoundationofutah.com/

In the following pictures, you can see Hannah, JR, Me, Malu, and the Dad (Craig), the Mom (Leigh)and the other sisters.






3 comments:

The Rage said...

Wow, I've got a toothache from all of that sweetness and I threw up.

smithfieldman said...

Nice to know you still have a heart. Good multi-media article.

politicchic6 said...

cropped me out of all the pictures, dirtbag. I like charity too.