Saturday, August 1, 2009

28 de Julio= I wore a dress and danced in front of a lot of Peruvians

Here is what we were up to on the 24th of July. Aside from dominating in the morning at volley ball and horse shoes at the Sweat family reunion, we went and danced at two places in Salt Lake. The Peruvian Independence day fell on a Tuesday and that was lame for all of the Peruvian people here so all of the celebrations went down on Pioneer Day. This video has all of our dances, but the first two we danced again at the second place and better. At about seven and a half minutes, you can see me in drag:). Honestly though, the dance is from Cuzco, called Turkuy. This dance has the skirt and such because the Peruvians somehow found out about the Spain/Turk conflicts and decided to implement some of the Turkish dance trappings to tick of the Spanish in Peru. -The enemy of my enemy is my friend- Anyway. Enjoy.


8 comments:

Alan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alan said...

You really will use any excuse to wear a dress, won't you?

politicchic6 said...

Ah, the gay frolicking... how lovely. I especially loved the exuberance with which you skip.

Jordan Gluch said...

I said it on Tuesday and I'll say it again.. Bah ha!!

smithfieldman said...

That's some pretty good dancing skills

The Rage said...

That is pretty much what I expected it to be like - and just a teaspoon too much gay.

Joe said...

Hey, I was very impressed with the beginning of the clip. Who knew Lex Luther was into Peruvian folk dancing!

Joe said...

Update your flippin' blog already!